Wednesday, February 9, 2011

We got him!

I can't believe I'm getting to write this post... but the conference call took place today and 90 seconds after the call ended, they called our adoption coordinator and picked us!  I was in shock.  Like any good infertile, I had prepared myself for the worst, thinking I would only be pleasantly surprised if things turned out differently.  Well, they did!

Placement will take place in 2-3 weeks, but hopefully we'll get to meet A sooner than that.  His foster parents seem to be really sweet (from what our coordinator told me), so I really can't wait to meet them.

There are lots of things to do to prepare for his arrival in our lives: car seats to buy, stroller shopping to do, and toys and books and blocks and trains!  But for tonight, there's celebrating to do!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! Les, I can't tell you how excited I am, and I'm sure it's nothing compared to what you're feeling. I saw your title on my reader and my eyes teared up. Now all my prayers will be focused on everything going smoothly until he's in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!!!! I about screamed when I saw this!! Can't wait to hear more :) and DEFINITELY go celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AMAZING!! Enjoy the excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Congratulations! What a special wonderful day for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo!!! Thank goodness you have a little time for transition! Finally get to use those gift cards :D

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!