I remember waking up this morning from my flu-induced coma and calculating in my head how many days it had been since we submitted our home study on A. And thinking that we hadn't made it to the minimum number of days we had been told to expect to wait before hearing something.
I'm feeling better. I don't feel quite so close to my deathbed today. I even took a shower and brushed my teeth! TMI, I know, but it's amazing how much better a person feels after washing all those germs off.
Watching TV all day is really boring. Which is why I'm glad I have my handy laptop so I can surf the web all day. Which can get to be boring too. But not when you get an email from the adoption coordinator saying, "Call me when you get a chance."
Which is what I did after I finished all the other things on my to-do list for the day. Oh wait, I don't have one of those. I'm sick. And bored out of my mind. And I really wanted to know what she needed to talk about, so I called her as soon as I read the email. After learning I had been sick (she didn't need to ask- though I'm feeling better, I still sound like death warmed over), she told me she might have some news to really make me feel better. D and I have been chosen as one of the final 3 families for little A!
Basically, she'll take part in a conference call next week where she'll learn more about A, ask questions about him, then tell them about us and answer any questions they might have about us. The decision could be made that day or a few days later. Please pray that if we are the family for A that it will be made clear to those making the decision. And pray for peace for myself and D- that we will remember that if this is His will, if A is to join our family, that it will happen.
Aaaaaahhhh! :)
oh my gosh - so exciting! The anticipation must be palpable in your home right now!
ReplyDeleteI will send you all the peace that I can muster, and trust that you are going to do all of the things that you need to do in order to stay calm and full of love while you wait.
Oh my goodness. Praying! And glad to hear you're feeling better!
ReplyDeleteYea! And you'll need all the rest you can get...
ReplyDelete