Tomorrow is the big day- the day of the conference call. This past weekend, I was busy putting together a web page on Shutterfly to display pictures of us, our families, our home, anything we could think of that would show who we are to A's caseworker.
The call will take place at 10am. My sweet assistant will be coming into my classroom at that time while I step out to find a quiet place to pray. I don't know if D and I have prayed about something as much as we have about this. Oh wait, we've been praying about this for over 3 years!
I need His peace so much. I'm not scared about becoming parents. I'm not scared about becoming responsible for another life. I'm scared about being disappointed. I'm scared about experiencing heart break. But if I keep my focus on A and off myself, I find true joy. Joy that he will be finding his forever family in the next few days. Joy that he will have a mom and a dad, a home, a family to call his own. Joy that he will go to bed each night, surrounded by love.
So I choose to think- and pray- for this little boy who has captured our hearts. I can handle the heart break. He shouldn't have to.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!