Monday, February 21, 2011

Changes

We are both missing little A.  Due to communication issues at C.PS, we didn't get to see him this weekend.  His caseworker will be back at work tomorrow after her week-long vacation, so hopefully we'll find out when placement will happen and/or if we'll get to see A this next weekend.  I'm praying for motivation for his worker- to get paperwork filled out and submitted so we can get him this week, but realistically, placement will probably happen next week. 

D and I both had the day off today (Thank you President #1 and #16 for having February birthdays so close together!) so we used the time to get things done around the house.  A's closet is cleaned out, his clothes have been washed and put away, toys sorted into piles of those that will stay out and those that will make their appearance later, laundry done, menu made, groceries procured, errands completed.

We had lunch together and got to talk about things.  Things that are happening.  Things that are changing.  We had been planning on IVF this summer, but with A's impending placement, I asked D what his thoughts were on that plan.  In the past, D has been much more IVF-driven, while I have been adoption-driven.  I believe that while he trusted he could love a child that was not biologically either of ours, he didn't know what that relationship would look like, how he would feel.  But I'm telling you guys, he is smitten.  He is so in love with A.  When he talks about him, he lights up.  Today, I went with him to get his hair cut and I could hear him telling the stylist about what it was like meeting him, how the process works, how anxious he is to have A placed in our home.  He changed the background on our computer to a picture of A blowing kisses at the camera.  He wants to call the foster parents every night just to hear A jabbering/singing/squealing in the background. 

So, can you guess what his answer was?

While IVF is not out of the picture, it's not really something we're thinking about right now.

When we got back home, there was a package on our front porch addressed to me.  I hadn't ordered anything online and D hadn't either (and if he had, it would've had his name on it), so I took it inside and hurriedly started opening it.  Inside were the cutest clothes for A- polo shirt, blue jeans, yellow rain jacket, blue and orange rubber boots.  Adorable.  My sister-in-law sent it with a sweet note of how she can't wait to meet A. 


It's at times like this where it hits me.  This is real.  This is happening.  We're going to be parents! 


I'm going to be a mom.

2 comments:

  1. We had our first glimpse of Mea by photo's emailed to us by her Foster Mom. We got the email around eleven in the evening, and forwarded them to everyone, printed copies on photo paper, and woke up Mack to see them.

    What an amazing night!

    You ARE a Mom, you just need possesion of your boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really have anything to say except that I have a big smile on my face and tears in my eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!