Thanks for all the sweet words, congratulations, and excitement you shared with us! We are still on Cloud 9 and can't wait to meet A. Speaking of which... we'll be making a trip to his city tomorrow (on D's birthday!) to meet him and spend time with the family who has taken care of him for the duration of his life. I talked to his foster mom yesterday (J) for close to an hour and fell in love with her and her husband immediately! They are seriously the cutest things and I can't wait to meet them almost as much as A!
Anyway, the past few days have been a whirlwind and I find myself not being able to fall asleep at night because of the excitement I'm feeling. It also feels very surreal and I keep thinking I'm going to wake up from this dream I'm living.
Since I only prepared myself for disappointment, I never thought I'd actually be the one feeling the 'happy' emotions. But I'm also deeply aware of the heartbreak that's occurring for the other two families and I think about and pray for them often. People keep telling me, "You and D deserve this so much," and "This is your time." But I think to myself, "No, we don't." And who's to say it's our time and not theirs? Don't get me wrong- I'm so grateful to have been chosen and praise God for answering our prayers. At the end of the day, though, we don't deserve this. We don't deserve getting chosen for A. We don't deserve the joy we're feeling. We don't deserve any of this.
But wow- the gratitude we feel, the total awe we have, the complete joy that this life has already brought to our hearts- we are amazed. And thankful; thankful beyond words.
I totally understand this whirlwind feeling. It's really surreal, when you get that call, talk to the foster mom about your baby, and make plans to meet.
ReplyDeleteHow old is baby A?
I hope you have a wonderful day today.