Tuesday, February 1, 2011

How to get ready for swimsuit season:

1. Develop a hacking cough.
2. Begin the cough-drop-only diet.
3. Take cold medicine to help ease the cough.
4. Get awful side effects from medicine, causing you not to eat.
5. Take a nap to sleep off the medicine- wake up feeling like you've been hit by a truck.
6. Continue coughing, strengthening your stomach muscles.
7. Keep downing the cough drops.
8. Don't eat anything else- complete loss of appetite.
9. Go see Dr.
10. Answer the question, "Did you get a flu shot?" with a negative.
11. Take the week off from school. (ok, that doesn't really help out with swimsuit season)

If you can't tell, I've got the flu.  It came Sunday afternoon, went to the Dr. Monday and got started on meds.  I feel awful.  I rarely get the flu, so I guess I kinda forget how bad it makes a person feel.

The plus side: I'm at home nice and warm and not going out in the arctic temperatures.

3 comments:

  1. Ha, the only benefit of sickness is the weight loss, and in your case the ab workout from all you coughing. yuk.

    I hope that you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ick. I'm sorry! Our school nurse had 130 kids in to see her in 3 days last week. We've had at least 30 fourth graders out with the flu. Hopefully these snow days we're getting will nip that in the bud. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had the flu since I didn't take the flu shot either! Great post!
    http://foster2forever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!