Thursday, September 30, 2010

Two Day Vacation... Not!

That's right. I had a two day vacation, relaxing at home with a stomach bug Tuesday and Wednesday. After eating crackers and drinking Sprite for two days, I was so glad to finally be able to eat real food last night for dinner. And today, it was back to school for me. Did my class take it easy on me... thinking it might be nice to ease the teacher back into the craziness? In a word- nope. And somehow I actually woke up this morning, excited to see my kids again. That lasted until about 9:15 when I was shooing them out the door for their morning recess (which my aid so graciously did my duty for me). The day was awful and I'm exhausted.

But let's not dwell on that. Thankfully, tomorrow's Friday (jean day!) and I always treat myself to Chick fil-a for lunch. Those two things already make the day 100x better!

While I was at home sick on Wednesday, our AFS called and told me she should have good news for us "very, very soon." I'm so anxious just to know if we're licensed. In other good news, they also asked us if we would be willing to baby-sit a one year-old this Saturday while the foster parents attend an adoption conference. We happily agreed, but found out today they will actually be able to access childcare through the conference. The good part about the whole situation is that, as D put it, "Les, they wouldn't ask us to take care of a foster child if they were going to reject us and not license us." Which is true. So that has calmed my fears of not getting licensed.

Plans for this weekend include watching the Red River Rivalry game with friends on Saturday (not looking forward to the outcome of that one), possibly going to see Social Network (it just seems right to do since I was a freshman in college when facebook opened to other colleges), and getting my house all Fall-ified! From pumpkins, to garland on the mantel, to a new fall wreath to grace my door, my house should definitely put me in the mood for a new season! Happy Fall!



1 comment:

  1. hooray for fall! i can't wait to oogle and awe over your decor:)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!