Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

The good: I had a relaxing weekend at home. Well, relaxing except during the Texas-OU game, but we had friends over and we were all able to keep our sense of humor over the play calling of the game. This is a huge improvement for me- I would normally be so nervous, anxious, etc. that my friends and D have joked about putting me on some type of medicine to calm me down. Anyway, my fall decorations are up, laundry is done and put away, and my house is clean. I should be ready to start the week.

The bad: Key word in sentence above: "should". Tomorrow is Monday. And I don't want to go to school. My class is tough. Really tough. And sometimes I feel like all I'm doing is baby-sitting. Which is fine in a daycare. But not at school. I think I'm going to talk to my principal this week and see if I can get any extra help. She's been really supportive of us during the whole foster care stuff and frequently stops me in the hall to ask for updates. So hopefully she'll find some help for me.

The ugly: my toes. No really, they are. I painted them a navy blue last Friday, but it doesn't look blue at all. It's black. And while black can look really cute on some girls' toes (case in point- my sister-in-law), it does not look cute on mine. Now it's chipping, so I look like a leftover from Halloween. Speaking of Halloween, I don't even want to write this because then it probably won't happen- but I'm really hoping we have a placement before then so D and I can take them trick or treating this year. Or if they're too little, at least get a cute Halloween outfit.

Fingers crossed that we hear something this week!

1 comment:

  1. fingers crossed tightly...if it happens this week, i'm dragging you with me for pedicures...my treat! besides as funny as it, toes should never be referred to as left-overs. :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!