Saturday, October 9, 2010

Muffins with Mom

photo taken by my wonderful homeroom mom
Yesterday, my class invited their moms to have breakfast with us. They made a cute gift for them using their fingerprints and then told me things about their mom, which I read to the group. It's so funny to hear how old they think their moms are. The "youngest" mom was 5 while the "oldest" was 69. Of course the moms are no where close to these ages, so everyone got a laugh out of it.

I debated sharing our "almost" foster news with the group ( I mean, what better time than when we're celebrating how special our moms are?), but I decided since I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer.

And since we're all so anxious to one day become moms, how about a laugh at some of the ridiculous things out there for parents to buy for their child?
Who doesn't want ultrasound cuff links?
Raising germophobes from an early age... I actually have a friend who would probably buy these. I've joked about getting her the purse size Lysol can.
Really? Really! Dis.gust.ing. For the child who wants to cuddle with their bodily functions...

Not just any teddy bear... a bear made out of placenta!
Because taking the knife out of the drawer to cut the hot dog would just be too much!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, those toys are crazy!
    Each one actually stopped me and I had to figure out what it was, then respond with a jaw dropping ewwwwww.

    Kids are so cute with their moms - It must have been just a little hard to be in that classroom and not be able to tell the other moms that you are dealing with so much. I can only guess that they will all be so happy for you when you do tell them.

    Also - I wanted to thank you for all of the awesome comments you've been leaving me.

    xoxo - Foxy

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!