We got a call this evening from our AFS who was so sweet to get permission from her supervisor to update us on the process since it's (apparently) been a longer process than usual. She said we've passed the first round and now the state director just has to sign off on us, which should *fingers crossed* happen early next week. Thankfully, she also told us that there's no reason they wouldn't partner with us, so at this point in the conversation, I feel like we're sitting pretty good.
Then she dropped a bomb.
I don't want to be dramatic, but when she told us that they had a placement that day that they "heavily considered us for", my jaw almost hit the floor. She also said that we are talked about a lot in the office, which I feel is a good thing. If they're talking about us, then they'll be thinking about us for placements.
*sings* I'm so excited! I just can't hide it!
Oh my goodness. We're so close to becoming parents. Eeeek!
Yay! I hope they get everything finalized soon so you can be considered for placements!!
ReplyDeleteHooray! I can't wait to celebrate and sing with you even if it's the Saved By the Bell-Jesse Spano addicted to caffeine pills song:)
ReplyDelete