Friday, September 24, 2010

Master Bedroom

Today at Kelly's Korner, Kelly is hosting a home tour featuring master bedrooms. I normally don't participate in these tours, but I actually have pictures of our master bedroom makeover that I did last summer on the computer, so I figured it would be easy to post.

Here are some pictures before the change:

Very Texas. Very rustic. So not me anymore.

The furniture is pine, which equals cheap, which is all a newly married college couple can afford.

But we eventually graduated. Then we got jobs, like real jobs. And bought a house. It was time for a change. Out with the Texas star, in with a more modern look.

I made the pillow covers.
And the black metal art hanging over the bed- yeah, those were white chargers from Target that I found on clearance and spray-painted them black.
Oops- the lamps in these pictures are no longer. I found cute lamp shades from Target (also on clearance) that are green and yellow floral print that work much better than the suede look.

The dresser with some fun green accents (there are green apples in the basket).
And my "Go Green" wall art (two canvases covered in this cool fabric I got at a local fabric store).

That's it! Happy Friday!


11 comments:

  1. I found your blog from Kelly's Korner. My husband and I are also struggling with infertility and have recently thrown around the idea of foster care, as our community is in desperate need of foster families. Oh and I love you bedroom. I look forward to following more of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks great! Love the quilt on your bed....is it Pottery Barn? I've been struggling with whether or not I want to spend money on one from there...so if it's not from there, I'd love to know where you got it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found you through Kelly's Korner and I love your room! I especially wanted to tell you that I have just started sharing our adoption journey on my blog (we have 2 kiddos) and would love for you to stop by sometime! Being on the other side of it now, I feel so strongly the need and responsibility to connect with folks still in the process! Stop by sometime and say hello! My post about infertility/adoption was a few days ago so you may want to scroll down a little. :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Snips! I actually found the quilt at Target (of all places) and it's been really good to me. It's super easy to wash and hasn't shrunk. My sheets are actually from Pottery Barn. I found them on clearance and fell in love with the color. They were pretty much the basis for the whole room. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your room. I'm an adoptive mom of a 2 year old girl...and hoping to adopt again. Many blessings during your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your room! I might need you to come do mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your room ;) It's probably my most favorite !
    Enjoy your weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Randy: "Go Green, You got to be kidding me!"

    Hahaha! I love the canvas pictures the best! Pooh on Rands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Les,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. I really appreciated that you left me a comment. I must say, your bedroom looks BEAUTIFUL!! I like the understated and elegant look of it. It seems like a peaceful place to be, which is want you want while ttc.
    I wish you well on your journey to motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUPER cute. I love those chargers - you are brilliant! I never would have thought of that in a million years... Mind if I steal that from you? =)

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. those pillows are beautiful - I want them! Actually I want that fabric and want to have a whole weekend with nothing to do but craft a quilt from that beautiful fabric! Nice job on the interior decoration. My home needs your help!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!