Life has been busy. My kindergarten class is definitely one of a kind. They are energetic and spirited. Talkative and funny. Moments of sweetness and moments of "oh my goodness, how do I get them to stop?!" At the end of the day, my only thoughts are of getting home. My place of quiet. My escape from countless callings of "Mrs. B". And for the hour or two that I have before D gets home, it's pretty quiet. Sometimes I'll have the tv turned on, but the volume is turned way down. Right now, I'm listening to my iTunes and it's really helping me to de-stress. I smile thinking that *hopefully* this quiet won't last much longer and the sounds of a little one will fill my afternoon and evening. Even though I'm exhausted right now, I can't wait to be spending this time with our child.
We still haven't heard anything from our agency. I emailed today just to see if our AFS could give us an update, but haven't heard back yet. I'm not sure she could tell us anything anyway, but it made me feel better to have contacted her.
The room is finished! But my camera has been acting up, so I haven't gotten any good pictures of it. Once I do, I can't wait to share them! I've had so much fun putting this room together and it's really brought out a desire to do more crafty things.
Wednesday is the first day of Fall. I love fall. The pumpkins on porches, the cool mornings and evenings, anything with Pumpkin Spice. I love the way fall smells, tastes, and feels. I'm ready for a change of weather!
Hope you hear something soon. I'm excited for fall as well.
ReplyDelete