Saturday, January 1, 2011

my all over the place post

Thanks all for giving me ideas to name the room.  Julie's suggestion won since before we painted it grey, the room was yellow and we called it by it's color.  So the Grey Room it is!

I received an email the other day from our AFS who will be working with us once we get a placement.  It's already time for our quarterly evaluation!  Basically she'll come check out our house and make sure we're still keeping medicine and cleaning supplies locked up, electric outlets covered, etc.  I'm excited about meeting her.  The evaluation is a few weeks down the road, and of course I'm hoping for a placement to be sooner than that.

D and I spent New Year's Eve with friends eating dinner at PF Chang's and coming back to our house to watch "The Other Guys".  A pretty low-key night, but enjoyable!  I've made a few personal resolutions this year that I might share at some other time.  How about you?  Do you make resolutions?  Or is your resolution to not make a resolution?

D and I have been trying out a new church for the past few months and we absolutely love it.  We missed this past Sunday due to the holidays so I can't wait till tomorrow.  My faith is really being stretched and challenged- partly due to this new church and partly due to reading a fantastic (but not so comfortable) book about giving up the American dream.  My resolutions are a result of both of these things.

The start of a new year brings so many things- hope, renewal, optimism, new beginnings!  I pray that 2011 is all of these things and so much more!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the words of encouragement on my blog!

    Love the room you've set up! It's all ready for that first placement!

    Would love to know the title of the book you are reading- sounds like something right up my alley right now.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!