Yes! I emailed her the same day (maybe the same hour) that she emailed us... after emailing D and letting him look at the file as well. I also asked a few questions because there were a few things in his documentation that didn't add up. That was Tuesday.
Today is Thursday and I haven't heard anything from the coordinator. Granted, I know she has a busy job with lots of families asking her questions. So I didn't think much about it. Then tonight, I went to look at her original email again (to glimpse a picture of this precious little boy one more time) and saw what I had done.
I replied to myself. The email I wrote Tuesday was never answered because I sent it to yours truly. I know, I know- I'm a genius.
Thankfully, our home study isn't due until January 10th, so (hopefully!) it didn't eliminate us from the home study pool. I resent the email to our coordinator with a little note letting her know what had happened and that we thought we had responded much earlier.
And all this after I had expressed my frustration to D about the amount of time I spend helping a coworker use her computer. Slice of humble pie anyone?
Oh no!! We all make those silly mistakes one in a while. Good luck with the placement!
ReplyDeleteDoh!
ReplyDeleteOur CW e-mailed us a heads-up that we might be getting a call for the girls (which we have now) but we got the call before I had a chance to check my e-mail. Although I've only had experience with 2 placements, both were not exactly emergency, call you now you have to take them in an hour kind of situations. The first one we got a "are you interested" on a Wednesday and he was "delivered" on that Friday. The second was on a Thursday, confirmed on Friday, delivered the following Monday. If they're e-mailing then it's not exactly an emergency placement. Sometimes the kid is at a relative's house who for whatever reason cannot keep the kid anymore. The state usually has a little longer to consider the placement.
I hate it when I do stuff like that!
ReplyDeleteI have no idea how the foster system works, so I have no helpful words for you. Keep us updated!