Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy 2012!

My birthday/Christmas gift this year:
to have our living room, kitchen, entry, and playroom re-painted...
and not have to do it myself!
Five days after Christmas, the painters arrived and the job was complete in about 6 hours, split between two days.  And they did a much better job than if the job had been left to me!

Entry
Playroom (formerly the dining room)

We also did some furniture-rearranging and it's been nice to start off a new year, looking at our house through newly painted walls.  Our walls are looking kind of bare, but I'm okay with that right now.  This go-around, I'm waiting to find the things that I really love to hang on the walls, adorn the mantel of our fireplace, and place above our kitchen cabinets.  The few things that are hanging are the set of three photographs that my dad took and had framed for us and a new canvas of one of the pictures my sister-in-law took during our photo session back in October.  

I also have some projects up my sleeve:

like this quote of Mother Teresa's




and a white animal head similar to this one that I'm diy-ing...


book shelves using ikea spice racks
Source: google.com via Katie on Pinterest


What about you?  Does the new year cause you to re-organize/ re-decorate/ re-do anything? 

1 comment:

  1. Love all the toys up along the wall. Reminds me of our living room!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!