H is 9 months old! I can't believe it- I can remember when she was first placed in our home, looking at the loads of clothes we were blessed with and sorting them by size, thinking there's no way she would ever fit into the 9 month clothing. And now here she is! But part of my prediction was true- she doesn't fit into the 9 month clothing- we're still pretty comfortable in most 6 month clothing.
At 9 months old, H weighs in at 16.5 lbs, measures 25 inches long, and is in the 10th percentile and 3rd percentile respectively. She's still tiny! But she's crawling all over the place, pulling up on everything and crying when she can't figure out how to sit down from that position. Her two bottom teeth are in and she's working on her two top ones. And on that note, there's nothing cuter than her baby-drool-grin she gives us. She's trying more and more table food- she had her first taste of Cheerio's this past week and she approves. Sliced avocado and brown rice are on the agenda to try soon.
A continues to make us smile daily. He's a spunky 2 year-old who loves to ask questions! He's a great big brother and we frequently hear him console H when she's crying saying, "Don't cry H. Mama's here." He tells us, "I wanna hold you," when he wants to be held. A loves cars and alerts me to any trash trucks or school buses when we're in the car together. Trash trucks, by the way, (according to A) take the poopie diapers away- boom! boom! He's very interested in helping me clean and loves to get the swiffer sweeper out of the pantry to push it around the house. It didn't take me long to get smart and make sure there was a dry cloth on there at all times! This morning, I woke him up and got him started eating his breakfast, then was going to go get dressed like I always do- which usually makes A unhappy that I'm not sitting there, watching his every bite. This morning, though, as I turned to walk away from him, A says, "A not cry. I ok!" Goodness, I love this boy!
A funny story- last week when I went to pick up A from his classroom, I was busy looking at the sheet his teachers fill out about his day when I realized his teacher had been talking to me. The reason I didn't realize it at first? She was calling me Mrs. D-, using A's current last name. I smiled and told her my last name and then explained that we hadn't adopted him yet. We had talked previously about H being in the foster care system, so I guess I just assumed that she knew that A was as well. Anyway, I got a kick out of it! We've had him for 10 months without that happening!
Those sound like great little kids. What a blessing! My daughter Avalyn likes Avocado too. Too funny about the teacher!
ReplyDeleteAww, I miss them. I am jealous D got to see them on Sunday and I missed out. :( Love the "A not cry. I ok!" bit. He's such a sweet boy. And miss H: 9 months! Time's flying, Les. I can't believe it.
ReplyDelete