Monday, December 13, 2010

see you later

Today I say good-bye to my homeroom mom-turned-sarcastic friend-turned amazing source of advice and support through this whole stinky journey. Her husband is taking a job in Minnesota, so they are moving there over Christmas break.

I can still remember one of the first times I met with her, before the school year started, and after talking about events, sign-up sheets, etc., the conversation turned to how she and her husband adopted their daughter (my future student) from China. I remember telling her how I felt God had placed adoption on my heart, and more specifically, China. She probably heard people tell her that all the time, and I can remember thinking, "She doesn't believe me." D and I had started trying to start our family two months before this meeting.

Fast forward a year and a half

Remember this post from January? She was the face.book friend who sent me the adoption conference invitation. I said it then, but I'll say it again. She had no idea that we were having issues starting a family. In fact, we hadn't even talked about adoption since that first meeting. But she sent the invitation. And we accepted. It sounds so cliche, but our lives are forever changed.

A,
Thank you so much for your support, your prayers, your encouragement, your courage to ask tough questions. Thank you for being someone in the flesh who understands what we're going through. What I'm going through. Thank you for caring, for making me laugh, for joining me in my sarcastic ways. I am so grateful for being able to call you my friend. And this is no good-bye. Just a see you later.
Les


This is a dumb question, but anyone else having holiday blues? I've made it harder on myself by truly believing that this Christmas would be different. And it's not. And that's so hard. It's been a long time since IF has made me cry, but I've been shedding many a tear lately.

I'm praying for each and every one of you- those that are still on this side and those that have crossed to the other side, because I know sometimes, even that can't heal IF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!