And now he's doing the dishes!
I should use the energy I've saved from not having to cook dinner or clean up afterward to cross some items off my to-do list. Like our Christmas cards. Or
As always happens this time of the year, but especially this year, I've spent a lot of time looking back to where we were last year. In the midst of the toughest months of our lives. But I also like to think back to the years before that. Because we didn't always have problems identifying ourselves by our infertility. We were a hopeful couple-innocent, naive- to the journey that was ahead of us. Which is why I'm so glad we did this last year:
No, we're not professional ice skaters (as if you needed help figuring that out). And yes, D did get teased by some of our friends about the photos. These are the pictures we sent out in our Christmas cards last year. Was this the happiest time of our life? No. But having these pictures captured that even in those difficult times, when we weren't sure if we would be able to have a biological family, that we could still have fun together. That we did still have fun together. That what was happening in our calendars- the appointments, referrals, and additional appointments- did not define who we were.
At the end of the day, we were still D and Les. A (self-proclaimed) fun-loving couple.
And I'm off to finish the dishes D left for me to do. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!