Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Top 10

So after complaining about being bored in a recent post, I thought I might sound a little ungrateful about having a summer off where I could become bored. I love teaching. I'm not sure I'm ready yet to go back, but I know once I'm back, it's where I belong. In the meantime, here are my top 10 favorite things about having the summer off:

10. Staying up as late as I want to watch The Real Housewives of (choose your city) without worrying about work the next day. Wait, did I just admit that I watch that show? I don't like drama in my life, but love the drama that goes on in that show.

9. Grocery shopping- Of course I go grocery shopping during the school year, but now I get to go in the morning, and not after 5 or on the weekends when the rest of the world is purchasing their goods for the week. I don't like crowds. And crowds pushing baskets are even worse.

8. Lunch with friends- I love going to lunch with friends- which is also something I don't get to do during the school year. Our favorite lunch spots include Chick fil-a and Chuy's, a local Mexican restaurant.

7. Posting on my blog because I actually have the time and energy to write. Also included is keeping up with others' blogs and having the above-mentioned time and energy to comment. It's a win-win situation for all. :)

6. This summer I've enjoyed being able to get everything accomplished on our foster to-do list. I think checking everything off a list is one of the best feelings in the world.

5. Girls Weekend- My sisters and sister-in-law get together every summer for a weekend of fun, shopping, eating, and relaxing with each other. This year, the get-together is being held in my town so it'll be extra fun to show them around my city.

4. Sleeping in. I. love. sleeping. in.

3. Reading books. My reads this summer have included The Politician by Andrew Young (seriously, I couldn't put this book down. If you enjoy politics and a good read, you have to read this. And it's pretty cheap on Amazon.) I also love James Patterson books and the occasional romance.

2. Being the kissee, not the kisser. haha. When school is in session, I leave the house before D so I always kiss him good-bye. During the summer, he kisses me on the forehead while I'm still in bed before he leaves for the day. Then I turn over and go back to sleep. ;)

1. Big Brother. I know, you're probably thinking, "Man, this girl likes her reality tv." I love Big Brother. I wait eagerly each summer for it to start up again. In fact, it started while we were in CO on vacation, so I dvr'd the episodes while we were gone. We caught up on it this weekend. I know. We have no life.

What about you? What are your favorite things about summer- whether you get a break from work or not?

2 comments:

  1. What was the biggest item on your foster to-do list that you had to finish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... the application itself was pretty intimidating. I think it was over 20 pages by the time all was said and done. Getting ready for the health and fire inspections seemed to be a daunting task, but after the inspectors left, I thought, "That wasn't so bad." We did completely child-proof our garage which took a few weekends of work. What about you? What do you find to be the most difficult/tedious/time-consuming?

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!