Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Back from vacation

We're back! We arrived home Sunday afternoon after a 10-day road trip through the state of Colorado. I saw the Mesa Verde cliff dwellings, rode the cog to the top of Pike's Peak, survived white water rafting under the Royal Gorge bridge, hiked to the base of Bridal Veil falls, and relaxed in the town of Telluride in our amazing condo. All in all, we both had fun. However, there will be no more 15-passenger-van-vacations for me. I can't take it! If we do another vacation with his family, we'll just meet them at the destination. And that's all I'm going to say about that. :)

...

I wish I could give you more of an update about Z (the pregnant 16 year-old), but here's what I have:
She broke the news to her dad this past weekend. Our youth minister is supposed to be telling her about us this week. She's gone to see the doctor and everything looked good. And we think she's 6-8 weeks pregnant, which should put her due around March of next year. I feel that since she's taking these steps we might be out of the woods abortion-wise. But please continue to pray for her- for strength as she's facing tough decisions, for courage, for wisdom.

...

On the foster care front, we are so close to being done with everything before the home study. The fire marshal comes tomorrow, our TB tests should all be done this week, and hopefully our references are submitting their paperwork. Then it's the grueling home study and finally- CERTIFICATION! The sooner we get certified, the sooner we can have a child placed with us, and the more time I have to bond with the child before school starts back up. Of course, this is my time line. I think everyone dealing with IF knows how time lines work- they don't. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Vacation sounds like fun, van does not. Sounds cool though.

    I will keep you in my thoughts, both for the foster care completion and Z!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!