Sunday, July 25, 2010

Done. Now more waiting...

Everything has been turned in on the foster front- including our references. We should be hearing from our agency this week about scheduling a short interview and then the home study. The receptionist I spoke with on Friday told me not to be discouraged if the home study isn't scheduled for 2-3 weeks. Easier said than done. But now that I'm done with the long checklist, I'm bored out of my mind. I know, if you're not a teacher who gets the summer off, you don't feel sorry for me at all. I'm scouring the house for things to do, chores to check off, minor improvements to be made. And it's only been two days. I need an intervention! haha.

And on the potential adoption front- still no news from J, but since we do go to the same church, I actually saw her (Z) today. I was getting coffee after the service and went to the syrup table to sweeten my drink up a bit and there she was. I was thinking, "What do I do? What do I do?" Then I told myself, "Be calm. She doesn't know who you are. Go get your chocolate syrup to make your coffee even sweeter than it already is." And I did. But it was really weird to be standing two feet from someone who has the ability to make our wildest dream come true. Or not.

An update on the post from last time- yeah, those egg, bacon, cheese muffin things... the first recipe of PW's that we didn't love to death. It was kinda sad for both of us. We'd kinda come to trust all of her recipes as things that we would absolutely love. But our love streak has come to an end... It was going to happen eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!