As they begin this testing, I remember back to our testing and how lonely it is to sit in the waiting room, to drive home after hearing bad news again, to walk past the nursery wing at church empty-handed. I pray that their testing goes very differently than ours, but I want to be there for her no matter what. Do you have any ideas on ways to lift her spirits? Did you have friends do special things for you? I just want her to know that I'm thinking about her and that she's not walking this path alone.
Still no news on Z, but after face.book stalking (yes, I'm not above that) I did see that she was at a youth event Tuesday night, so hopefully J was able to talk to her about us.
As for fostering, we passed our fire inspection (the second try, no less) and have both had our TB tests done. I'll deliver everything to our agency's office Friday and hope to have our home study scheduled for next week. I really want to get certified with a couple weeks to spare before school starts back up.
Meanwhile, I've been busy being little miss Betty Crocker at home. ha! I made homemade chocolate chip cookies yesterday and today I'm going to make these to have for breakfast tomorrow. It's a Pioneer Woman recipe. I love her. We haven't met a recipe of hers that we didn't like. Yum!
When Jeff and I first found out, I had a friend tell me that sometimes, God isn't testing your strength. Instead, you go through things so that when the time comes, you'll be able to help someone else.
ReplyDeleteI don't have any advice on how to help your friend, but maybe that helps some.
I always kind of struggled too when women would talk to me and they had only been trying a few months and we were at the years part of it, but I remembered they are suffering just as much as I am no matter how long they were in their journey. I've got a post on my blog about things to not say and what was said to me that helped. I think just being there for her, buying her a coffee and saying "I'm there with ya, I know it sucks." is sometimes the best.
ReplyDelete