I'm sorry for not being the greatest commenter lately. Our household has been super busy (I know- excuses, excuses) but with school winding down (only teacher in-service this week), I hope to be able to keep up with commenting better in the coming weeks. (I just used parentheses twice in one sentence!) I have been reading so I do feel like I know what's going on in everyone's lives right now. I so appreciate your sweet comments on my recent blog posts. I still find this blogging community so amazing in how each blogger is supported and encouraged by others facing the same struggles and (lately) triumphs!
Last week I blogged about the roller-coaster-of-a-day we had. After I published that post, it got even better. D received the results back from his professional engineering exam so I'll take the next few lines to brag on my hubby. He passed! And not only did he pass, he made the highest score in his office of the recent test-takers! He was so happy/relieved/strutting his stuff around the house as he reveled in being done with that forever. And I am so proud of him. His test fell right about a month after A was placed in our home, so we were both worried that he wouldn't get enough studying done with the new distraction. I actually think it made him study more- he denies that and likes to say something about when you got it, you got it. I wasn't sure if he'd be able to get his big head out the door the next morning to go to work! ;)
Tomorrow night we have several friends/family coming to our house to take a SIDS/Child Development class that will be presented by T, our caseworker. This is just one step in the process of becoming approved to babysit for us, but we are so grateful they are willing to do this. Other things they will need to do include having a TB test done, filling out an application and signing a discipline policy and confidentiality agreement, getting and maintaining CPR/First Aid certification, and providing a copy of their driver's license. Six different households will be represented tomorrow so we will have many to choose from for date nights this summer! :)
And I can't believe I have 20 followers! To think that I only know two of my followers in real life makes it even crazier! I feel like I should have a give-away to celebrate hitting the 2-0 mark... hmm. I'll have to think on that. I hope and pray that the words I write are meaningful and will help someone going down this same path in some way.
What a huge accomplishment for D! My husband is an architect and there are some insane testing requirements to get your license.10 tests that each have a 50% passing rate - YIKES. I was so proud of him for passing each test on his first try. I always knew he was awesome, but he was pretty impressed with himself.
ReplyDeleteWe have a bunch of PE friends, and have heard some nightmare stories about that PE exam. Your D sounds like a rockstar! :)
I've been behind on reading, posting, writing, etc these past few weeks. Its also been really hard to read about some of the losses that have occurred. I find myself needing to protect myself from the fear of too much sadness, yet still wanting to offer support to those who need it.
Love to all of your amazing friends who are stepping up to be a part of your extended family to help care for little A.