The house is quiet on this Sunday afternoon. D has taken A with him on a Craig's List run. The boy loves riding in daddy's truck! Little Miss H is asleep and content on her mat by me in the living room. These times of quiet are few and far between now, but sadly our house will be getting quieter this week. H is being moved to the city where her mom is located to make visits more convenient. Without telling the whole long story, we were made aware of this just in the nick of time so we could get A's former foster parents to contact the caseworker and volunteer to take her. Thankfully, it all worked out for her to be placed in their home so we will still be able to see H and most importantly, A will be able to see his little sister. And when we go to Key West in less than a month, we're hoping A will be able to stay with them to give him more time with his sister.
These past three weeks of having a newborn in our home have truly been a blessing. We will miss her so much, but we have a peace in knowing that either her mom will finally get her life back on track or she will one day join our family again.
My first Mother's Day was so different from what I thought it might be. Having a newborn in the house meant not going to church for us, so we enjoyed a lazy morning at home. D was sweet to let me sleep in late that morning, and when I woke up, he had a chocolate chip pancake breakfast waiting for me. We had a low-key day, just spending time together as a family.
School is almost out for the summer. My last day with students is this Thursday! I can't wait for my vacation to begin so all the fun things I have planned for A and myself to do can finally come to fruition. Summertime with a toddler will be so much fun! Trips to the park, the sprinkler park, the Children's Museum, the zoo, etc- we are going to have a busy summer! And if D is lucky, we'll let him in on some of our plans. Ha! ;)
Sorry I haven't been the most dedicated blogger. To say the least, our household has been nothing more than organized chaos these past few weeks. With summer vacation approaching, I'm hoping to update this thing more than I have been. And oh, how I can't wait till A becomes ours forever so I'll finally be able to post a picture of this little boy who has stolen our hearts. And maybe one day, you'll get to meet his sister too!
I'm surely going to miss H. Really praying for you guys, H, A, and their mom. God is so good, and all things are going to work out perfectly according to His plan. Praying for you guys through this. Let us know if there's *anything* we can do to help.
ReplyDeletei just met another woman who is parenting for the foster care system. Her story was so heartbreaking, yet beautiful at the same time. It is so special that you've been able to spend this time with these siblings.
ReplyDeleteCan you tell us more about the process that you are going thru to adopt A?
sending you lots of love and strength as you hand baby H over to another family.
Have they given you an idea as to when your finalizaion will take place with A? I know with Mea we had to wait 6 months from the date she came home with us, hopefully it goes by quickly.
ReplyDelete