Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tomorrow!

Tomorrow!  Tomorrow!  I love ya- tomorrow!  You're always a day a-way!

So placement didn't happen on Saturday- we found out Thursday afternoon that it was going to be postponed until Monday due to a conflict with the caseworker's schedule.  Which definitely stinks when I think about the fact that A could already be in our home right now... but it also gave us a few more days to get ready! 

And all the preparations being made as we readied ourselves for A kept us busy, which kept our minds off of how A could already be here... make sense?

In the past two days we:
  • sold our glass-top coffee table
  • moved the rug that was too small out of our living room (it wasn't very comfortable either)
  • purchased a bigger, softer rug for all of us to enjoy
  • took out the kitchen faucet that had become quite tricky to use
  • purchased and installed a new faucet that actually turns
  • installed the new car seat in my car
  • donated things that we didn't need to make room for things we now need
  • washed clothes
  • completed our grocery shopping
  • checked and re-checked our outlets to make sure they were all covered (also- meds locked up, cleaning supplies put up high, etc)
The hard part is going to be tomorrow morning as I wait for the caseworker to arrive with A.  Maybe I'll do some baking to keep myself busy while I wait...

2 comments:

  1. So thinking about you today. I paced my house, and cleaned like crazy waiting for Mea to come home. I drove everyone crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe Dus has never seen Annie? He had no idea who Daddy Warbucks was when it was mentioned in Despicable Me. I'll have to make him watch it so he can be introduced to "Tomorrow".

    Praying for you guys today. Aunt Magan and Uncle Dus are so excited to meet little A. :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!