Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful to be Exhausted

I'm worn out, so this post might not make sense. Or be coherent. Wait, that means the same thing. See? I'm already there.

  • The past week or so since I last posted has been wonderful. We took A to meet my family on St. Patty's day. He had a blast meeting my parents, several aunts and uncles and of course, his cousins! That day also happens to mark the last time A has eaten baby food- he's eating 'big people' food now!
  • Nick Jr. is a memorized channel at our house.  (Channel 320- in case you were wondering.)  We really try to keep TV time to a minimum, but on occasion, we just need a break!  And A is mesmerized by television- which is a huge reason we're trying to limit this... do not need a toddler addicted to the tube!  Speaking of TV, my favorite Nick Jr shows are Olivia and Franklin.  I really don't mind watching when these are on.  There are others that make me want to pull my hair out... I won't mention those.
  • I've already a card-carrying member of the over-protective parent club.  I took A to see the Dr. today for sneezing and a runny/congested nose.  I was so worried that he might develop an ear infection and since, as foster parents we can't give A any medicine a doctor hasn't given us permission to give, I wanted to get him in to see one as soon as possible.  Now I have permission to give him medicine for a fever (if one should occur) as well as a saline nasal spray, chest rub, etc.  I don't think I would have to have permission for those last ones, but it never hurts!
  • A is saying "Ma-Ma" and "Da-Da" regularly these days.  Amazing.
  • A likes to eat!  Prime example- he woke up from his nap today pretty cranky.  I thought that maybe he had woken up before he was ready, so I went in and rubbed his back for a little while.  He started waking up in a better mood, so I went ahead and picked him up from the crib.  Then came diaper change time and he was grumpy!  After asking him what was wrong, I asked, "Are you hungry?"  Picture a face wrinkled with tears and red in color from wailing instantly transform to smiles and giggles.  And then proceed to inhale his snack while signing "more" all the while.  Oh, he makes me smile!
Just want to give a shout out to Foxy and Augusta who are both in the middle of IVF cycles!  Hoping and praying that April brings showers of BFPs for you two!

And Foxy, thank you again for the lovie for A.  He loves it and carries it around the house all. the. time.  And it's the perfect size- he doesn't get tripped up over it when walking with it.  Thank you for being such an encouraging bloggy friend and I can't wait to return the thoughtful gesture. 

    2 comments:

    1. So glad you're exhausted in a good way :).

      BTW... Sprout is another great channel and most of the shows are only 10-15 minutes tops so PERFECT for limiting TV.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hey Les! So great to see the update and hear that everything is going so well! I think about you all the time chasing around your little boy :)

      and I am so glad that he is loving the lovie <3 It was made with lots of love for you and little A. I didn't even think about the size, I just know how nice and reassuring it can be to hold something soft sometimes.

      xoxo

      ReplyDelete

    Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!