Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Co-Workers Rock!

a party for us
celebrating our journey
waiting for the call

The party was amazing. I am so grateful to work in a place where I feel close as family to many of my coworkers. The invitation asked for gift cards to be given in place of the normal baby shower gifts- since we don't know the age or gender of the child we'll be taking care of and we didn't want the shower to be specific to one child that might only be with us for a few days/weeks. Everyone was so generous and even more special were the notes they wrote in their cards. I've decided to keep the notes in some type of book as a memento. Their words were more encouraging than they'll probably ever know.

And that rocking chair in the picture above? Yeah, it's been on my wish list since I first saw it here last Spring... before I knew I would be decorating a nursery so soon. And three very special friends had it waiting for me at the party today. I think when I saw it, I reverted back to my childhood way of shaking my hands and jumping up and down from excitement. Just think, if I get that excited over a chair, what will I do when we get the call and take our first placement? There will be tears of joy!

And lots of jumping up and down.

What the heck- I'll probably run a few laps around the house, too. You know, to get in shape for keeping up with a baby. ;)

2 comments:

  1. lol, yeah, both hubby and I had tears on the first placement call. It's good that you have those gift cards. You'll need them!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!