Wednesday, August 25, 2010

School Begins and Z Meeting

Kindergarten began again on Monday. Boy, do I have an interesting class! They are going to go down in the books- that's for sure! We had a rough first day, yesterday was better, but today was more of the same behavior from Monday. I do love a challenge, though. I think that's part of being a teacher.

Today, one little boy asked me if I had any kids. When I told him I didn't, he responded, "You should work on that." I had to walk away to keep him from seeing me laughing. Oh, kids do say the darnedest.

Tonight J hopes to meet with Z to find out what her plans are for her baby/ if she's made plans. She should almost be 3 months along. I'm really praying that she comes to grips with the situation and won't continue to live in denial. J said he would let us know how it goes...

I'm a month ahead in my lesson planning and plan to continue to stay ahead so that if/when we get the call to foster, I'll be able to take some time off without having to rush and make lesson plans.

Tonight we're going out to eat to celebrate a friend's birthday... which means I don't have to cook! Which makes me a very happy lady! (It's the little things, I know.)

This post was kinda all over the place. Sorry! Hope you're having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Glad school is good. Hope your meeting goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you for teaching kinder. I'd be in jail by now if I had to do that!

    I've been wondering about the situation with Z. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!