- Nothing has changed in H's case- which in this situation, no news is good news!
- Started filling out paperwork for A's adoption
- Decided on what his new name will be
- Wanted to keep the name his mom gave him to honor her, while also giving him a name that connects him to our family so in the end, he'll have the same first name but different middle name
- Paperwork keeps me busy
- Paperwork increases when both get sick and are prescribed medicine
- I'm not the best at turning my paperwork in by the monthly deadline- so thankful for our sweet, understanding AFS
- I should do a post sometime on the amount of foster paperwork we fill out each month for our little ones...
- We went trick-or-treating Monday night: A dressed as a monkey and H as a banana... or that was the plan, at least. Then we discovered that the banana costume was not Baby Bjorn-friendly, so she went costume-less, but had fun all the same chewing/drooling on the carrier.
- H is almost 7 months old! She's not crawling yet, but she's getting up on her knees more and more each day. She's still a petite little thing- petite in height, but filling out in weight.
- A surprises us each day with the words he's saying! He's able to express his needs in more complete sentences and loves to ask questions. Over. And. Over. Most of the time, it's pretty funny. Sometimes I have to stop the endless cycle of questions by asking him the question he's asking me. He loves to come up to me and ask, "What, Mama?" He also loves to count- anything and everything! Whether he's knocking on a wall, banging a drumstick on the floor, or putting his cars in his bucket, he counts and counts and counts! And lately, he's been a major Mama's boy! Hugs and kisses, holding my hand, taking my face between his hands and giving me the most contagious smile- I'm loving the extra attention! Poor Daddy... ;)
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Quick Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't wait to learn A's name, and see some photo's. Have they given you an approximate date for finalization?
ReplyDeleteSounds like those two are so sweet. Glad the adoption is progressing. A monkey and a banana, too cute!
ReplyDeleteHe sounds precious and fun! Keep us updated!
ReplyDeleteHey Les! I was just working on your family photos, thinking about you guys, and I wanted to drop by. No news is good news. Always. Hoping and praying that the judge eventually makes the decision to let H stay in your home. How could he not?!
ReplyDeleteYAY FOR ADOPTION PAPERWORK! Love you guys!