D and I had an interesting weekend. We went through several highs and lows in just two days. Needless to say, I need a weekend from my weekend. It all started Friday night when we were both being stubborn about where to go to eat dinner. An hour and a half later after driving all over the great city we live in, we were home ordering a pizza and making up. ;)
On Saturday, we were both lazy bums for most of the day. We did finally get out and do some yard work in our backyard. My legs hurt from hauling, dumping, and spreading mulch. Bags of mulch are heavy. WET bags of mulch are impossible to carry! (Note: Doesn't our sago palm look sad?! After the hail storm last year and our freezing/snowy winter, I'm not sure he's going to survive!)
At one point during the day, D decided to email his doctor because he didn't believe me that IVF costs pretty much the same amount each time you do the procedure. He thought you paid that much once, and then it would be cheaper each time after. ha! I know there are places that offer deals depending on how many times you go through the procedure and even offer refunds if its not successful. Anyway, when D found out that I was, indeed, correct, he was pretty bummed. And he cried. Finally. It has seemed like this has taken its toll on me emotionally more so than him, so to see him experience the emotions I have been was indescribable. Of course, I cried with him. We just sat on the couch, holding each other, and let the tears flow.
Last night, D and I spent some time talking about how we are going to afford this. If we can afford this. If this is the right decision. What the right decision is. We really are torn. While in one sense, we feel like we've gotten great news to be able to attempt IVF to conceive our own child, we don't know if that's what we're supposed to do right now. We're going to go ahead and talk to the RE, find out more about the process, etc. And we're going to be praying. Hard.
Sounds like quite a few weekends (and weeks!) we've had. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteI know some RE's offer a "buy back" program. For instance, mine offers to refund all money spend on an IVF except medicine if you do your second one with him also. If only he had the same program for IUI!