Friday, April 9, 2010

2nd round of results!

The results came back normal! for the second genetic test. I am so thankful! This means we move onto ICSI/IVF! Woo-hoo! Excited, much?

We emailed his doctor to let him know about the results and to find out exactly what the next step would be. His reply: If you and your wife are committed to ICSI/IVF and everything is arranged on her end with reproductive OB, then we would proceed with testis biopsy and harvest.

What does this mean? Do we need to find a RE? Do I talk to my normal OB/GYN? I kinda feel like we should find out the condition of the swimmers before bringing more doctors into it. I need help! :) Let me know what you did! Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. I had my OB run the basic tests before going to the RE. But, you can probably go straight to the RE if you want. Be prepared to gather all your OB medical records and hubby's medical records. We went to the RE before the biopsy to be for sure we fully understood everything and that IVF was something we actually wanted to do. Didnt want to spend $1K on the biopsy if we were not for sure going to go through with IVF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news! If your insurance covers the RE then go straight there, if IVF/ICSI is a sure thing, go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! I'm so glad the results came back normal!! Sorry I don't have any advice about the RE though. I'll keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!