Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Update

So I've been avoiding giving an update because I didn't really know what the plan was, much less known how to coherently explain to you what I thought it might be.

D went to have blood drawn today for the last genetic test. His doctor wants all (I repeat ALL) genetic testing done before seeing D. Understandable? Yes. Frustrating? Heck, yes! This means more weeks go by before we can even schedule an appointment with him. Impatient, I know. The results will be back in two weeks and, if all is well, an appointment will be made for the dreaded biopsy.

Basically, as many infertiles know, there are still many hurdles to cross before ending this glorious (dripping with sarcasm) journey. Good results on this test lead to biopsy. Lots of healthy swimmers from biopsy lead to IUI/IVF. One successful of either procedure leads to the much anticipated baby B. This infertile train(wreck?) is at least chugging along! :) Thanks for your support along the way!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I know it's frustrating. We had to get so many tests done before we could schedule with the RE. So it took a total of 10 weeks. Seemed like eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain. IF is painful in so many ways and the waiting.. the waiting just sucks! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!