Monday, March 22, 2010

Results are in...

and the news is good! Everything looked fine for D genetically! There is still another test that they had to ask for permission from the insurance company before it could be done. At the next appointment D has with the doctor, they'll go ahead and take blood for that one, too. I honestly don't know if they would even be doing this next test if D hadn't asked about it during the appointment with the geneticist. It looks for fragmentation of the Y chromosome and is the Y chromosome microdeletion test. D asked if there was anything genetically where he just wouldn't produce swimmers... of course, not in those words. This test will show us if this is happening with D.

D is going to email the doctor with the results and then we'll go from there. I'm just hoping that since we've been seen by the doctor already, we won't have to wait as long for an appointment as we did last time.

What can I say? I'm impatient.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm the same way! The first round of blood work for my husband took 3 weeks. It about killed me, lol! Glad everything came back ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad everything came back good. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long this time!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!