
As a teacher, my ideal time for our baby to be born would be the summer. I would be able to have a couple extra months to spend with the little one before going back to school. And yes, I will go back to work. I would love to stay at home, but that's just not possible right now. We've crunched and re-crunched the numbers. But the great thing is that we live right by my school and I would love to find someone in the neighborhood to take care of baby B while I'm at work. I know where my lunches would be spent!
To be completely honest, though, I really do not care when our baby is born, what gender it is, whose eyes it has, etc. As long as it's healthy, my heart will be more than content. There are days that I just get so excited about meeting our little one- and they haven't even been conceived yet!
This past year as we've been trying to start a family, we've told our secret to a few select friends and family members. And this is where I struggle. It's so hard to put on a happy face around those that don't know. I find myself not wanting to do things with them because it's so exhausting. Our friends are all relatively close to our age and starting families are on most of their minds. It's so hard listening to their plans without feeling cynical about it. It's hard having to float around the issue when our plans for starting a family are asked about. So we tend to not hang around those friends.
In the meantime, we keep praying for our miracle.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Drop me a line to let me know you stopped by!